Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tuesday Night Crit

Team Photo from camp
It was 63 degrees yesterday!! I decided that I would race the Tuesday night crit in Augusta. I love this training race. I thought it would be a huge turn-out due to the warm weather, but not too many were there, well no women anyway. I guess the rain scared some away. I was told by the coach NOT to do anything in the race. I was instructed to sit in and go for the ride. WOW, that's hard to do. I just patrolled the front, took really weak turns at the front and watched others animating the race. I hated not being able to attack, or bridge or anything. I understand the reasoning. My body is still recovering from being sick and for some reason, I'm having a time at just recovering from a hard workout.

I ended up pulling off with one lap to go. My reasoning was....if I'm not going to "go for" the sprint, why the hell mix it up with these guys. I didn't want to hit the pavement and regret staying in that lap. Thankfully I pulled off and the rest of the guys sprinted to a great finish. NO CRASHES. Great job to Dave F., he was in the wind a lot and still won the sprint.......finger to the nose!

See you next Tuesday!

No comments: