Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Too Cold to Ride Outside!














Cross-training with the family and some indoor TT fitting and Rocky vs. The Big German

It was 13 degrees and I didn't want to be on the trainer again. Did a nice hike with 40 lbs. on my shoulders. Bill enjoyed some of the cross-training too. It's supposed to snow up to a foot here in the next 24 hrs. I guess the next croos-training will be shoveling!

How's the TT position look? Pretty aero, right?

It was so cold......poor Maddie. Even Zabina wanted to go home half way into the hike!
I look at all the blogs of the bigger budget teams in warm-weather training camps and can only think of Rocky #? When the big German had all the state of the art training equipment and Rocky was running in the snow and punching frozen carcass! That's me...NOT the big German....Rocky!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,

I love the Blog. I just wanted to let you know the Rocky film you speak of is Rocky IV, a true classic. Rocky squares off against a Russian named Ivan Drago aka "The Siberian Express." He's a "scientifically" engineered athlete from the USSR. Over the course of 15 rounds Rocky actually ends the Cold War as the frozen heart's of the Soviets are warmed by Rocky's never say die attitude. Rocky caps the victory off with the best speech in the history of film...
"In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!"

Bravo Rocky, Bravo!
(Can you tell I watched this movie about a million times on bus rides to and from regattas.)

Good Training,
Love,
Bill

Heather said...

You're the best Bill! Can you tell I don't know much about Rocky. OOOPS
xo
H