Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Bike Jam

This weekend was a fun-filled weekend of crit racing. It's better than sitting around and eating potato salad!! First stop: Maryland Bike Jam. I got a sweet call-up for this race, so it's officially my favorite race ever! Notice the great spot on the line next to the National Crit Champion! The team raced really well as a team, but no great results to show for it. In the end I was in a break with Rebecca Larson with five to go. Cheerwine bridged up but did not contribute. I think thats all Rebecca and I needed, one more pull! Any whooooo0, we were caught with less than two to go! Time to get ready to sprint....not. I decided to try to take a breather, gambling away my position. I would never really regain a good position to sprint. Darn. I'll keep trying though. One of these times it's going to work. Right?
Bowlesie in the AM with a nice cup of Joe in a shark "G'Day Mate" cup. It made me think of Rochelle Gilmore! :)
Here is a nice photo of me grinding my teeth. Rebecca on my wheel and Cheerwine bridging up. Darn it again!
This is us leaving Mo's house! Mo is Reem's awesome brother who takes us in for this race every year. He lives a block away from the park where we race. Nice pose Laura!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Laura Bowles said...

I always try to make myself shorter that really is the goal.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.