Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sorry It's Been So Long


This photo cracks me up. I just thought I'd upload it to make you smile....those who know Maddie! She continues to shame me on my bike. She does wheelies, rides with no hands, motor paces, leads out Bill for high-speed sprints and corners better than most of you out there. :)
OK, quick update: I was settling in to a nice weekend a few weeks ago when I got a call from my teammates at the Southeast Crit Series. They booked me a flight for the next morning to come and race in Alabama for the next two days. I couldn't resist and packed up for a 4 AM departure. The races were fun and we were able to get some decent results on the last day. I actually made the podium...no not for first, second or even third. It was for MOST LAPS LED. I was on a solo break for over 30 minutes and picked up some nice primes on every other lap. Bowlsie was forced to rest up in the pack and she was ready to go when the counter attack went. She made it into the winning break and placed fifth.
I rushed home to go straight back to my preschoolers. I picked up a tuna sandwich at the deli across the street from my school.....and this is what almost killed me. I was crushed by a horrible case of food poisoning. I've never had food poisoning and never want it again. Let's just say I lost 9 lbs in two days and was throwing up blood! Yup. Good stuff. I never do anything little, it's got to be BIG with me.
It has taken me two weeks to get back on my bike and feel a little like myself again. I was getting worried at how weak I had become. But alas, it was only temporary. I'm getting stronger every day, but have changed some of my racing plans due to the setback. I'll go up and do the Montreal World Cup and then return home instead of staying for the stage race. I'll race with my team at Reading and then go as planned to Philly. I was afraid that the stage race would bury me for Phillly. ??? Who knows. Now that I'm feeling stronger I'm second guessing the decision....IMAGINE THAT, me second guessing my decision.
This weekend is Bike Jam in MD and then Somerville in NJ!!
I'll get some updated photos soon....when the racing begins again.
xo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a super cute photo of the two of you! :) I'm glad you're feeling strong again! Yikes--that didn't sound too good! I'm excited to race with all you guys again this weekend! :D

Heather said...

I'm glad we get you back all to ourselves!! Hope that finals went well and I'll see you tomorrow. :)

Laura Bowles said...

Awesome photo I think she is going to beat you. Bowles