Thursday, May 24, 2007

Can Am U19 Challenge! A Great Day!

Can Am U19 Star and stage winner, Lauren Parak and her mountain bike State Champ sister Brittany!
Maddie is testing to see if I like butter with the buttercup trick, YUP, I do! Bill, Maddie and I went to the Can AM U19 Challenge this weekend at the Fairgrounds in Augusta (my Tues night crit venue). I was asked to say a few words to the girls before the start of their race. I was really looking forward to seeing the girls race, especially b/c my niece, Lauren Parak was racing. Lauren won her race and was second overall GC for the weekend. AWESOME job. I was enjoying myself so much, I stayed for the better part of the day. Those kids are just amazing! Maddie was the trophy girl. She handed out the trophies to the young men! She loved it.




I then spent the rest of the day riding with Teresa and Ann. I coach Teresa and Ann is on her team. Again, I had a very enjoyable ride/clinic with them. We rode for 3 1/2 hrs through Stokes State Forest, Sunrise Mountain and High Point State Park. My weekend looked pretty busy with clinics, talks and training, BUT...... I enjoyed it so much. Those are some of my favorite kinds of weekends.

Off to Maryland tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

H

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, Long time no talk! Matt and I live next to the park where Bike Jam is being held and we'll be there tomorrow. We'll be cheering for you...
-Anna Jakubiec Marchese

Heather said...

HI ANNA!! I wish that I had seen this post before the race. I would've hung around to find you guys! Did you go? I so bummed that I missed you guys. Not a great day for us, but I tried to get away with five laps to go. OH WELL. Big race in NJ tomorrow. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, we were there...it was a fun day! We were impressed. I figured you wouldn't see my post until after the race, next time you are in MD let me know and we'll come to cheer...
--Anna (amarchese@charter.net)