Friday, July 27, 2007

Some More Toona!

Natalie and her new boyfriend while Alex is away in Europe


OK, this may be very boring to read, so read at your own risk. You've been warned.

We've been suffering a lot and laughing more.

Well, the girls have a new nickname for me. Dorris. That is the fish in Finding Nemo that can't remember anything....ever. I have this problem after racing hard races that I can't really remember the course or some of the the action that takes place on it. I don't even like to listen to the talking on the radio because it distracts me from concentrating on the race. Sad, huh? This being said, I may leave out some important details of the race, but I'll do the best that I can do.


Mon: TTT

Tue: New course

Wed: 95 mile point to point race:


Very hard course. Our team tried to be present in any breaks that formed. We missed one and I started to panic. I went to the front and tried to assess if I could bridge or not and then all of the sudden Dotsie Baush (Colavita) jumped with a Webcor (Helen Kelley maybe?) I jumped on them and we bridged together. Now that Colavita got there all of the BIG teams were represented with one, two and Webcor even had three riders. Only about five of us worked the break and the others sat on and "rested." We got up to a five minute lead on the rest of the field, but still had a very big climb to get over. Long story short. Four of the five that worked in the break got popped off during the climb....I was one of the four. I learned not to commit myself 100% to a break if I'm the one that still needs to be the "closer." Laura VanGilder, Robin Farina and I worked hard to hold off the chasing group of GC riders. They caught us and we were able to hold on to their crazy fast pace into the finish. I was in the break for about 70 miles! I hard day at the office for sure!! Kori Seehafer won for the day and to keep her yellow jersey.


Thurs: 60 miles Circuit race in Holidaysburg

Only 60 miles, this should be a nice recovery day for me after yesterday. No holiday at Holidaysburg. We screamed through this sixty miles. Our time was only 10 minutes slower than the men's time....that's fast! It never seemed to let up. I was the only one in our team to stay with the main group. There were many shelled riders! I got 12th and Laura VanGilder won with a long uphill sprint. She's amazing.


Friday: 77 mile Circuit

We did four laps around this course that was pretty flat, pretty boring. The team really worked well to cover breaks while I conserved a bit. I bridged up to one break that had all the big players in it. But that didn't stick. Anna covered a break that did stick! She did awesome covering many breaks and was NOT lucky to get into this one. She ended up 12th and was not excited about the result, but we were proud of her anyway! Laurne Franges won. It hailed, rained, and thunder and lightening was RIGHT over head. Another wet day! But what an "easy" day for me since Anna was in the break! Sweet.


Off to go get my rub!!!

Killer Killer Killer stage tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should have seen it coming...I knew there was a reason she liked going to Super Wal Mart so much.