Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Toona TTT and New Stage

OK, The TTT was a lot of fun. I've never done a team time trial before. It was fun to be out there with my teammates suffering together. Everyone did what they could to keep it fast and hard. I ended up pulling for the last 3k or so. I was really jacked up by then :) We ended up 8th team overall and only 10 seconds behind powerhouse Cheerwine...not bad.

New stage....49 mile Point to Point. VERY difficult stage. It had STEEP climbs and crazy technical descents that we did in the pouring rain. Lots of sliding riders on switchbacks. Allison Powers flew down the mt and dropped us all. She is an amazing descender and with the rain, there was no way to hold her wheel. She won the stage and jersey in a solo victory. I was able to stay with the front group through all the climbs...clinging on for dear life. As we crested the last climb there was a false flat with a head wind. I was DEAD. The pace accelerated up and over and I just didn't dig to stay on it. I lost contact with the front group and finished a few minutes back with Iona Wynter-Parks and Brooke Ourada. Not happy about losing contact with the front after all of that. I descended in the rain in the front and climbed in the front and then just messed up in the end. VERY disappointing. Today is 100 mile race. Looks like more rain today. BRRRRRRR!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This trip sounds very interesting from the 'unique' people (host housing) to the 'balming' weather and the technical courses. Stay strong!!

our kids still rock! just like you!