Sunday, December 2, 2007

Cross in the Snow = Frozen Toes!!!

When you see the above photo on the way to a cross race..... beware of the photo below!



I had NO intention of going to Holiday Cross when I heard the forecast...but I got this vey convincing email from Kevin to come help my club (Skylands Cycling Club) win some cup they've been dueling for with Team Somersett. I'm a sucker...it doesn't take much to convince me to ride my bike. I raced last weekend in the MUD for the first time ever and this weekend....SNOW for the first time ever!

It took me a full lap to trust myself...thus I was in DEAD last heading into the second lap. I mean last of all the masters and juniors and women......LAST! Hmmmmm now what? Well I slowly trusted the yet again borrowed bike that I was on this time it was Kevins! When Bill yelled at me to RACE my bike....It finally clicked. Race your damn bike Heather! So I started to race and passed the other girls to win in the snow.

I hobbled to the car and told Bill NOT to let Maddie come in b/c I needed to scream as my frozen feet defrosted. I held on to the the holy sh_t bar in the front seat and screamed every bad word I knew! It took about ten minutes of hell but finally my feet thawed.

OH, for those of you that care....those are not actually MY toes in the photo! Mine look a little bit prettier than that!

4 comments:

Laura Bowles said...

I was going to say, "no sense no feeling"

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I thought those were your toes! :/ We need you're feet for next year! No mas cross! ;)

Amy Dombroski said...

Glad you're loving cross! :) You've been tagged by me...see my blog for details!

Anonymous said...

Could you've let us know in the beginning of the email that those are not your toes. I was freaking out here!!
BH