Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Racing Begins....Kind Of.....

Had a fun weekend of training. I did The HUMP ride/race. It's a group ride that is run like a race...Mike Norton and Bill Elliston (sp?) showed up to make it good and hard. I had a blast and worked my butt off. Sunday was Bethel! Bill and I loaded up a very enthusiastic Maddie for our first race of the season. We all had a blast. We love this stuff...So the race at Bethel was basically me against 7 Target Training girls. I had to pick and choose my battles... got first in field sprint for second place. My legs were dead from Saturday's ride and a small, tiny, lingering hacking cough....I thought all of those antibiotics would get rid of this thing.
Bill is currently jamming my TT bike into a shipping box to be mailed out to California tomorrow. I'll ride my road bike tomorrow and Tuesday and then ship that baby off too. Thank you Wyeth (Advil and ChapStick) for the shipping labels!! Saves a ton of $$.
I fly out on Thursday EARLY in the morning to arrive in San Fran. Cindy Carroll, assistant director, will then pick me up in the team van for a nice 3 hr drive to end my day of traveling. I'll be racing two stage races out there. Quad Knopf (Visalia) and Redlands....the killer race!
Stay tunned.......
xo Heather

No comments: