Sunday, March 4, 2007

Smiling Or Suffering?

The latter! I'm not smiling! This was a tough day on the bike. I'm just finishing an extremely hard VO2 block of training. There has been a lot of suffering going on around here. I even lost my cookies one day....Bill again has a great shot of this. I decided that I wouldn't put that one up! Bill said that he's never heard me suffer like this and he actually had to leave the house one night while I was training. I've been training very hard and now have a little chest infection. I guess it comes with the territory. I break my body down training and then go off to teach 40, yes 40, four and five yr. olds three times a week. It's frustrating getting sick just when I feel like I'm gaining strength and momentum. California is just around the corner. I broke down and am on a strong antibiotic to kick this thing.
Oh yeah....check out the sweet Time bike! Maddie is just fine-tuning the set up for me here.
This is Mara and I getting ready for yet another cold, long ride....but this time on our new bikes. That makes it more exciting. This picture was BEFORE the added 7 inches of snow. It's also an hour south of my winter wonderland.

Good luck to some of my teammates that are out in California racing now! I'll be there soon. Until then....

H
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

California ....Are you ready for our "Jersey Girl"? She is ready for you.....
Heather Labance Fan Club