Saturday, August 18, 2007

CHICAGO!!

OK, we are in Chicago for Crit National Championships. The course is technical and tricky so I'm happy that there is a race Saturday (today) on the same course. Sunday is the Champioinship. But.....it is raining and our director is advising against racing today. I've never been told that it is NOT a good idea to race b/c the weather. I guess the logic is that there are only three of us out here to help our speedster, Jen. We don't want to crash and get hurt before tomorrow and we don't have a mechanic here or any spare bikes. Jen is definitely not racing today and she wouldn't have even raced if it was sunny....she's focused on one day....tomorrow.

I think I will race to check out the course and see how I can be the most help to Jen tomorrow. It will be hard to take too many risks though....I have my director in the back of my head telling me not to even race! Not a great way to start a crit.

But, I left my family and sacrificed two days at the beach to RACE my BIKE! That's what I'm going to do.

Now if only my coffee would kick in and wake my tired butt up. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Anna Milkowski said...

Heather, that does sound tricky to race with such warnings in one's head. Hope you stayed up, got a good preview of the course (sweet job Bowles!), and are hungry to go today. Fast legs, sprinter(/climber)! Anna

Heather said...

Felt great, but went down!!!