Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dazed and Confused...But Good News

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/aug07/USPROcrit07/index.php?id=/photos/2007/aug07/USPROcrit07/USPROcrit073/CYC-UCC289

http://flickr.com/photos/seemann/1177434357/in/datetaken/


There is good news and bad news from the US National Championships.
Good news....we raced awesome! Kept the pace up when it slowed, covered moves, I took two primes and the biggy!!! The $500.00 midway prime!! Sweet leadout from Bowles and a sweep from Jen. My sprinting legs were definitely here today. I knew that I could deliver Jen to a great spot so that she could sprint to the podium. I also felt that I could hold off the field for a podium spot as well.

Jen just missed being our US National Champion! She got second to Tina Pic. So close. I on the other hand was taken out HARD from behind with two laps to go. I saw Erica Allar go down (not sure why?)and thought I was just about around the carnige when WHAM some idiot hit me from behind.

I ended up with a concussion...stitches on site in my leg and lots of bumps and bruises. Looks like I have a second hip right now. The problem was that there were two laps to go...no more free laps and I HAD to finish the race to get all my prime money! The announcer was rooting for me and so were all the fans. I zoomed around the course cross-eyed to finish without being lapped. Reem also went down in a much earlier crash and whacked her head too! We're flying out VERY late tonight even though we were told not to fly due to the head injuries. The blind leading the blind....
Please don't hold me responsible for anything I've just written...I can't remember yesterday's race AT ALL. I heard that I felt great, raced great and was in a crash on the last lap...that much I've been told. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me?Call Home.Mom

TC said...

Way to go!! And Cyclingnews finally figured out who you are. course now they're calling Jen, Reem...oh well. Great racing, Team!!

Heather said...

:) Go figure! I added the photos b/c it goes well with the caption: Dazed and Confused. That's me trying to finish the crit to get the $$$$ for the team.

Anonymous said...

HEATHER! Oh my gosh! I had no idea that happened! Wow--you guys were superstars this weekend. Have fun in the sun! ;D