Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thater...Not Ready to Race

I guess I jumped the recovery gun a little too soon. I tried to race at Thater on Sunday and it didn't really work. I got the first prime coming off Laura VanGilder! I was happy that I was still sprinting well. Laura countered my sprint after the line and I could barely hold her wheel. My legs were screaming and that feeling didn't stop for about an hour into an hour and half race. I was unable to go after any primes or moves for the rest of the race basically. I really hate these kind of days on the bike....it's horrible suffering, but you're not sure if it's productive suffering. I really love to suffer when I know that it is making me stronger or will help me or a teammate pull off a great result. But beating myself up when my body is trying to recover isn't fun.

I tried to get into good positioning for the sprint....I just didn't have the legs or head to do what needed to be done. I kind of pushed my way up to eighth wheel and stayed there. I was gapped off of the main sprint by another rider, but ultimately.....that's my fault for being eigth wheel and that's what place I finished!! Oh well.

Reem and I were both in bad accidents in Chicago and we were the only Advil riders to go to Thater exactly 7 days later! Not great team strategy by any means...send the two with recent concussions...I still have stitches in me! Reem suffered and dropped out early into the race, but helped earn the team some points for the crit series. We were in third place behind Aarons and Cheerwine going into Thater. Not bad!

2 comments:

Kirsten Frattini said...

Hey there, You two did a great job :)

Heather said...

I ran today for the first time in 6 yrs!! OUCH...only 30 minutes, but running sucks! I felt like I wasn't going anywhere...and I wasn't. Jeeze.